That’s right, you read that correctly… a crazy (awesome) bunch of Aussies are walking from Brisbane to Melbourne in the name of defenceless unborn babies!! It’s called Crossroads, an initiative first begun in America and now in Australia for the very first time!
One of the girls is actually a dear friend of mine. She’s pretty much a legend, as you’d have to be to commit to this month-long walking venture.
A brief summary, from the Crossroads Australia website:
Crossroads at a Glance:
- Who: Young people, men and women, who are between 18-30, from all over Australia are welcome to participate.
- What: An annual pro-life walk across Australia lasting four weeks and over 1,600 km. Taking place each summer from mid-December to mid-January.
- When: The 2012-2013 “Pro-Life Walk Across Australia” starts on December 14 and ends January 13.
- Where: The walk begins in Brisbane and follows the eastern coast of Australia, stopping through major cities and towns along the way, and ends in Melbourne.
- Why: We walk to witness to the dignity and sanctity of every human life, especially the unborn. Crossroads is a peaceful, prayerful organization dedicated to helping bring about a “Culture of Life.”
I believe they just passed through Sydney. Please keep them in your prayers! From what I’ve heard things are constantly hectic. (For instance, on the first day they had a heap of stuff stolen!)
God bless you guys!